Rules: Answer the questions, add one of your own if you want, then tag five of your friends.
1. How old were you when the craft of writing called you to perform?
Hm...well, I first started a journal when I was 12-ish (I still have it, though I seldom read it because it's really embarrassing). But the first time I remember loving to write was the first 'writing sample' we had to do in 3rd grade. We had to look at a picture and write about it -- I finished in ten minutes (we had 30, I believe), and the teachers told my parents I needed a high school level writing course (ha!). How could you possibly tell that from a squirrel???
2. What's your favorite writing outfit?
Fleecy, warm, snuggly jammies...too bad I can't wear them to the busstop (though...I have...once or twice)
3. What computer program do you use for your writing?
4. What's the name of your most difficult character to write?
Hannah, Hannah, Hannah...argh! She frustrates me! (No wonder I've given up on this book...for the time being).
5. When is your favorite time of day to write?
Afternoon, but I never want to stop when I have to. *sighs*
6. What's your favorite genre?
7. What writers have inspired you the most in your career and why?
Madeliene L'Engle -- beautiful prose, great characters, complex stories
Mary Stewart -- great at romantic tension
A number of my pre- or almost-published friends -- their ability to write complex characters, tense situations, and lovely, lovely prose
8. Do you think you're smarter than a fifth grader?
Depends on the 5th grader, but I certainly hope so!
9. What's your favorite thing to do when you're stuck on a scene?
Go to Verla's or LJ.
10. If you could give one piece of advice to your fellow writers, what would it be?
Love what you do.
I tag: zibeth, jennifer_d_g, jenny_moss, boreal_owl, tsd_writer...and anyone else who wants a fun way to procrastinate :)